For the first time in program history, St. Catharine has a NAIA Pitcher of the Week. Steven Borkowski was honored today with the award after his outstanding week at the Mid-South Conference Tournament in Bowling Green.
"We are extremely excited for Steven and our program," noted Patriot skipper Luther Bramblett. "Steven put us on his back last week and competed his heart out. Our guys fed off of his spirit and energy. It was an amazing week for him and our program."
National Pitcher of the
Steven Borkowski, St. Catharine (Ky.)
6-2, Sr., P, San Diego, Calif.
• In four appearances last week,
Borkowski was credited with a complete-game victory and three saves. He tossed
14.0 innings, allowed just two hits, gave up zero runs and compiled 13
• Started the week with a no-hitter against the Cumberlands (Ky.) on April 30. In that effort, he went the full nine innings and fanned eight batters. He had one walk.
• Posted saves against Campbellsville (Ky.) and Pikeville (Ky.) on May 1 in the Mid-South Conference (MSC) Tournament.
• On May 2, he forced a second MSC championship game with a save against Lindsey Wilson (Ky.).
• On the season, he stands with a 7-4 overall record in 16 appearances with four saves.